SCUBA diving activity is often classified as “extreme” sport for most of the regular insurers. And mentioned with very small size characters, under some obscure clauses and conditions on the bottom of your contract.
HBOT services are totally “alien” terminology, helicopter evacuations are nightmares and everything which means money “out” from their accounts is avoided as much as possible.
Dedicate and qualified (medical & diving) support? No way!
Which makes overall the regular insurance quite unreliable.
But luckily for us, there are some good insurance players on the SCUBA diving market, focused on quality and fair services.
Divers Alert Network: is a global player, with regional office covering America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan & South Africa.
DAN is offering services from dive training and research into diving medicine to specialized diving & traveling insurances, ranging from Sport, Professional & Club to Family, each one with Bronze, Silver & Gold options.
Medical & HBO treatments, hospitalization, evacuation and repatriation, equipment lost, disability & death, legal expenses & travel assistance and more, are covered.
- For US residents only: Diving & Non-Diving related Insurance (Gold & Platinum), for a Single-Trip (Standard, Deluxe, Elite) and Multi-Trip (Deluxe);
- Europe & the rest of the World: Long term or short term Personal Diving Accident Plan (“DiveSafe“) as well as Dive Travel coverage (“Dive&Travel“) to any destination worldwide available for any number of days (up to 180 consecutive days) or a full year. They offer a Liveaboard coverage, including hyperbaric treatments and also trip (Dive&Travel and Dive&Travel Plus) cancellation, trip interruption, missed connection, lost baggage and much more. And COVID19 related issues! And Medical advises too!
DiveAssure is collaborating with The Duke Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiolog.
As authorized dealer, T101® is assisting you in choosing your best insurance (DAN Europe or DiveAssure) option for you, at no extra cost for your final purchase (What You See Is What You Get).
- The yearly cost for a SCUBA diving insurance it can be considered peanuts if you divide the insurance price per 365 days/year. One week-end evening outside (bar or restaurant) and you may spent even more than an annual scuba diving insurance!
- A helicopter evacuation in some remote areas can easily go up to USD20K! (I witness a real story).
- HBOT sessions only can go easily anywhere between 400-600euros/session (Again, I witness a real story).
- In order to keep your insurance valid, know your Liability Coverage & dive within your certification limits!!!
There are many other global and local players in the diving industry market. Analyze and compare carefully and chose one which you think it might fit best for you, but never ever dive without a valid one.
Safety First, Safety Always.